This is an application to become a notary public in the state of South Carolina. You must be a registered voter in the state of South Carolina to become a notary public. If you do not know your voter registration number, you can look it up at http://www.scvotes.org. This is only an application and you may not serve as a South Carolina notary public until you receive your commission.
How To Fill In South Carolina Notary Public Application Form:
- This form can be partially completed online. If you are unable to do so, you may print it and fill it out with a pen.
- Check the box to indicate if this is a new or renewal application.
- Enter your full name.
- Enter your complete mailing address.
- Enter your complete home address including street and number. This must match the address on your voter registration card.
- Enter your county.
- Enter the last four digits of your social security number.
- Enter your sex.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your voter registration number.
- Check the box to certify that you can read and write in English.
- Print the form and take it to a South Carolina notary public. The notary public will witness your signature (sign and print your name exactly as you want it shown on your commission) and date, sign the form, and indicate when his or her commission expires.
- Send the completed and notarized form along with a check or money order payable to SC Secretary of State for $25.00 to your county delegation office. Most county delegation offices are listed on the cover sheet for this application.
- Your legislative delegation must approve and sign the application and forward it to the South Carolina Secretary of State.
- You will receive your commission in the mail.
- You may not perform any South Carolina notary public duties until this application process is complete and you receive your certification.