This is a Georgia USA Passport Affidavit that can be notarized by a Georgia notary public to verify that the copy of an American passport is an exact reproduction. The U.S. State Department recommends that U.S. citizens traveling abroad carry, in addition to their original passport, copies of the passport identity page in the event the original is lost or stolen. You may also be asked to submit a notarized copy of your passport for employment or other official business. This form will establish that the passport copy is true. It does not establish that the passport itself is authentic or that you are the legitimate holder of the passport.
How To Write
- This form is designed to be partially completed online. If you are not able to do so, you may also print a blank copy and complete it with a pen.
- Enter your full name as shown on your identification document.
- Enter the full number of your United States passport.
- Enter your name exactly as it is shown on your passport.
- Enter the date the passport was issued.
- Enter the date the passport expires.
- Print the form and take the form, your passport, and the copy of your passport to a Georgia notary public.
- The notary will examine the passport and the copy.
- The notary will enter the name of the county.
- The notary will enter the date.
- The notary will enter your full name.
- The notary will check whether he or she knows you personally or whether he or she has verified your identity through an identification document. Acceptable forms of identification are a state-issued driver’s license or identification card, a military ID, or other government-issued documentation. The notary will record what kind of identification you presented.
- The Georgia notary public will sign the document, print his or her name, apply his or her seal, and state when his or her commission expires.
This form certifies only that the passport copy is a true and exact reproduction. It does not establish that the passport itself is authentic or that it was originally issued to you. You may or may not be able to use this notarized copy as proof of identification.
Georgia USA Passport Affidavit with Notary Public